Panchkarma and its Modality towards the Management of Pain and Related Disorders
Ayurveda the science of healing and health restoration encompasses various therapeutic modalities for the treatment of disease and health management, Panchkarma is one such approach of Ayurveda that provides health benefits in many ailments including joint pain. The incidences of pain related diseases increases now a days due to the disturbed pattern of daily regimen and sedentary life style thus it is prerequisite to explore an approach that offers beneficial effects in these conditions without severe side effects and Panchkarma can provide therapeutic response in conditions like; osteoarthritis, sports injuries, rheumatoid arthritis, spondylosis, sciatica, myalgia, muscle cramps, sprain and low back ache, etc. Present article summarizes health benefits of Panchkarma in conditions related to pain or joint pain.
2. Shastri S. Ashtanga Hridaya sarvangsundara. First edition. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Surbharti Prakashan; 2017 .p.223.
3. Patil V. Essentials of practical Panchakarma therapy. Edition 1st. New Delhi: Chaukhambha Publications; 2015.p.274
4. Sayyed A. Kulkarni S. Kulkarni E. Kulkarni R. Clinical evaluation of Panchatikta Ksheer Basti in Sandhigata vata w.s.r.to osteoarthritis of knee joint. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science & Research. 2017;:7(1):23-9
5. Shastri BS. editor. 6th ed. Vol. I. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan; 1997.p.565. (Yogaratnakara of unknown author, Amavata Nidana).
6. Nidana Madhava. In: M. Ni. 13th edition. 21. Upadhaya Yadunandana., editor. Vol. 22. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2002. p. 463
7. Tripathi B. Madhavnidanam Madhukosha tika by vijayrakshita and Srikanthdatta. Vol. I. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Surbharati Prakashan; 2012 .p.551.
8. Gupta A, Thakar A, Shah N. Effect of Majja Basti (therapeutic enema) and Asthi Shrinkhala (Cissus quadrangularis) in the management of Osteoporosis (Asthi-Majjakshaya). AYU (An International Quarterly Journal of Research in Ayurveda). 2012;33(1):110
9. Katariya A, Jogalekar N. Basti chikitsa in Vatarakta w.s.r.to Hyperurecemia- a pilot study. Unique journal of ayurveda and herbal medicines. 2015;03(04):58-60
10. Susruta Samhita Sutra (26/10), Ayurved Tattva Sandipika Hindi Commentary by Ambika Datta Shastri. 12th edi. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sansakrit Sansthan; 2001.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM