Role of Kayachikitsa an Ayurveda Modality towards the Geriatric Care: A Review
The system for the management of health evolved through the history of civilization and Ayurveda is one such oldest system that comprises different branches for specific health purpose, Kayachikitsa is one them. The Kayachikitsa involves general principles and approaches related to the treatment procedure and use of internal medicine. The treatment of body (Kaya) by virtue of Ayurveda medication and principle is general aim of branch Kayachikitsa. The ageing or problems related to old age also need to be care and in this regards Ayurveda mentioned different approaches for geriatric care including use of internal medicine. The use of natural rugs along with general principles of Ayurveda offers health benefits in case of ageing or geriatric health issues. Considering this point here we summarizes an Ayurveda aspect towards geriatric care W.S.R. to Kayachikitsa.
2. Ayurveda and Siddha for geriatric care (Rasayana therapies-Background papers). New Delhi: CCRAS
3. Vaidya Jadavji Trikamji Acharya and Narayan Ram Acharya; Sushruta samhita of sushruta with Nibandhasangraha commentary of Sri Dalhanacharya. su /su/17/4-10, 17, 18. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit sansthan; 2015.p. 82-83
4. Dwivedi KK. and Singh RH. A study on geriatric patients and response of Ashwagandha as anti-aging agent. Ph.D. Thesis Kayachikitsa, Banaras Hindu University; 1997
5. Vaidya Jadavji Trikamji Acharya and Narayan Ram Acharya, Sushruta samhita of sushruta with Nibandhasangraha commentary of Sri Dalhan Acharya. su /ni/5/5-13, 20-28, 33, 34. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit sansthan; 2015.p. 284-86
6. Singh RH. Strength of Ayurveda in Geriatric Health Care. Keynote lecture delivered at State launching of National Campaign on Geriatric Health Care through Ayurveda. New Delhi: Dept. of AYUSH, Govt. of India; 2008
7. Babu S. Geriatrics in Ayurveda, chapter III, Chaukamba Orientalia. reprint edition. Varanasi; 2013.p. 16
8. Shastri AD. Sushruta samhita of maharsi sushruta, part 1. su /sha/6/3- 13, 25-31, 33-44. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit sansthan; 2013.p.71-74
9. Srikantha murthy KR. Sarangadhara samhita by Sarangadhara. Seventh edition. Varanasi: Chaukhambha orientalia; 2007.p. 266-67.
10. Sushruta, SushrutaSamhita with Nibandha Sangrha Commentary of Dalhanacarya, Sutrasthan 35 verse 29. edited by Vidya Yadavji Trikarmaji Acharya. 7th Edition. Varanasi: Chaukambha Surbharti Prakashan; 2008.p. 155.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM