Role of Siddha Ksheer Basti in the management of Sandhigatavata w.s.r. to effect on Calcium level
Sandhigata Vata (osteoarthritis) is VataVyadhi which is associated with Kshaya of Dhatus especially in Vriddhavastha. Ayurveda mentioned various therapeutic options for the management of this condition and Basti Karma is one such approach. Tikta Dravya Siddha Basti advised for Asthi Kshaya Janya Roga since Sandhigata Vata is also Asthi Kshaya Janya Roga hence in present study we selected Tikta Dravya Siddha Basti for the management of Sandhigata Vata, study based on ancient texts available in Rasatarangini. The study observed marked improvement in diseases symptoms and elevation in calcium level may be due to the Yapana, Brimhana, Shodhan and Vata shamak properties of Tikta Dravya Siddha Ksheer Basti.
2. Haridas Shridhara Kasture: Ayurvediya Panchakarma Vigyana,• Chapter 6. reprint edition 2014. Culcutta: Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Ltd.; 2014.p. 373-381.
3. Madhavkara; Madhav Nidana; edited by Yadunandana Upadhyaya. part II. reprint edition 2007. Varanasi: Chaukhmbha Prakshan; 2007.
4. Pandit Kashinath Shastri, Ras Tarangini, edition-11. Sushruta: Sushruta Samhita with hindi commentary. reprint edition 2011. Ambikadutta Shashtri. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthana; 2011.
5. Sharangadhar: Sharangadhar Samhita with hindi commentary; Shailaja Srivastava, Uttarakhanda 8/63. reprint 2009. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2009.p.411.
6. Vagbhata; Ashtang Hridayam; edited with Niramala hindi commentary by Brahmanand Tripathi; (A.H. Su. 12/6,7). edition 2015. Delhi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2015.p. 170.
7. Shah Mayuri, A comparative study of Matra Basti and some indigenous compound drug in the management of Sandhigata Vata (osteoarthritis); Jamnagar: IPGT & RA; 2006.
8. Agnivesha, Charaka Samhita, with commentary Chakrapanidatta, Edited by Vaidya Jadavaji Trikamji Acharya-Chaukhabha Sanskrita Sansthan,Varanasi, Chikitsasthan 28/37. p. 618.
9. Sushruta Sanhita, Edited with Susrutavimarsini Hindi commentary by Dr. Anant Ram Sharma, Chaukhambha Surbharati Prakashan, Varanasi, Sutrasthan 45/96. p. 366.
10. Keuttner KE, Goldberg VM (1995) Introduction. In: Kuettner, KE, et al. Osteoarthritis disorders. Rosemont IL. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons .p. 21-25.
11. Sastri R, editor. Chakradatta of Chakrapanidatta. Reprinted Edition. Ch. 49, Ver. 21. Varanasi: Chukhambha Surbharati Prakashan; 2006. p. 199.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM