Ayurveda Properties and Therapeutics Importance of Kumarkalyan Rasa: A Review
Ayurveda system of health restoration comprises many streams for the management of different diseases. Ayurveda encompasses several therapeutic options for different age groups and in this regards Ayurveda suggested many approaches for pediatric care (management of Balaroga). Balyavastha or childhood is stage of life which needs special care due to the lack of strength and immunity. Ahara, Vihara and Aushadhi are some Ayurveda measures which help to maintain strength in Balyavastha. There are many drugs (Aushadhis) mentioned in Ayurveda classics which provides therapeutic response in health issues of childhood age. Kumarkalyana Rasa is one such Ayurveda drug used as pediatric medicine. This drug used for breathing problems, fever, cough, jaundice, digestive problems, diarrhea and others problems in children. Present article emphasizes Ayurveda perspective of Kumarkalyana Rasa and its therapeutic significance in Balaroga.
2. Acharya YT. Agnivesha. Charaka Samhita with Ayurvedadipika Commentary by Chakarpanidatta. Varanasi: Choukhambha Orientalia; 2001.p. 117.
3. Kumar A, Garai AK. A clinical study on Pandu Roga, iron deficiency anemia, with Trikatrayadi Lauha suspension in children. Journal of Ayurveda & Integrative Medicine. 2012;3(4):215-222.
4. Jitesh V, Kumar SH. Current Trends in Ayurvedic Management of Cerebral Palsy in Children. Journal of Biological & Scientific Opinion. 2013;1(3):282.
5. Sharma P, Sharma B, Bohra M. Management of Cerebral Palsy due to Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy, Through Panchakarma: Case Study. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015;4(10):1705.
6. Mishra VK, Mishra N. Role of Panchakarma in Sequential Management of Pranavaha Srotastha Vyadhi in Children. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016;5(3):527-538.
7. Bhaishajya ratnawali Govind Das Sen siddhiprada hindi commentary by Prof Siddhi Nandan Mishra. Balrogadhikar(71). Varanasi: Chaukhambha subharti Prakashn.p. 1088
8. Dr. Jha C.B. Ayurvedeeya Ras Shastra Mahauprasosadharana Prakaran. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Bhawan.p.211
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM