PCOS; Modern and Ayurveda Review W.S.R. to Complication and Management of Bija Kosha Granthi
Ayurveda has given prime importance to women health and presented therapeutic approaches for managing common gynecological disorders, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is one such common health issue associated mainly with women of reproductive age group. The incidences of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) increases day by day due to the adverse effects of life style of current scenario. The modern life style imparting physical as well as mental stress which causes pathological events like PCOS. The condition of PCOS mainly associated with other gynecological conditions like; Alpa artava, Anartava and Asrikdosha. The PCOS on the basis of sign and symptoms comes under heading of Aartavadushti & Yonivyapadas. Pathologically disease possesses hormonal imbalances along with Dhatus Dushti which resulted cysts in ovary. Uses of herbs, ayurveda formulations and Shodhna-Chikitsa, etc. are some Ayurveda measures utilized for the management of PCOS. Considering these all aspects this article presented Ayurveda perspective on PCOS W.S.R. to complication and management of Bija Kosha Granthi.
2. Samhita C, Pt. Kashinathashastri. 1st edition., Vol.2, Varansi: Choukhamba Prakashana. 2001. p.843.
3. Dutta DC. Text book of gynaecology, 3rd edition. Calcutta: New central book agency; 2001. p. 431.
4. Nighantu B, Shri, Vidyotinihindivyakhya B, Uttaradha. 1st edition. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Sanskrit Samsthan; 1984. p. 446, 778.
5. Murthy S, Astanga Hrdayam KR. Varanasi: Krishnadas Academy; 1999.
6. Speroff L, Fritz MA, Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2005; 369.
7. Kadam R, Shinde K, Kadam R, Kulkarni M, Dimple. Contemporary and Traditional Perspectives of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): A Critical Review. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS). 2014; 13(9):89-98.
8. Sharma, Prof. Caraka Samhita PV (Text with English translation). Jaikrishnadas Ayurveda Series. Varanasi India: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2000.
9. Murthy S, Prof. Astanga Hrdayam KR. Varanasi: Krishnadas Academy; 1999.
10. Bhavaprakasa of Bhavamisra.Vol I. commentary by Dr.B. Sitaram. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2006 .p. 258-9.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM