Research on analytical methods of analysis of Ranolazine: A Review
New antianginal drugs examines are focusing on promising concentrations in order to develop new prescription contenders. Fundamental and biochemical strategy feeble connection between seriousness of torment and level of oxygen hardship in the heart muscle, for instance at times, angina can be very extreme, and in the mid twentieth century this was a known indication of looming demise, can accept an essential activity in the distinctive evidence of these goals. Compounding angina assaults, abrupt beginning angina very still, and angina enduring over 15 minutes are indications of flimsy angina (normally gathered with comparative conditions as the intense coronary disorder). As these may go before a respiratory failure, they require critical clinical consideration and are, all in all, rewarded in comparative design to myocardial localized necrosis. The pharmaceutical undertakings are centered around new drug improvement due to the overall affirmation of this unsafe security from the correct now available antianginal treatment. The HPLC, UV and HPTLC methods are available for the assessment of Ranolazine the starting late used prescription for intestinal sickness are studied in this articles.
2) Patel Vishakha. D.,Raj. Hasumati. Ranolazine: A Review on Analytical Method and Its Determination in Synthetic Mixture. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research & Allied Sciences. 2016;5(1):1-7.
3) Craig I Coleman, Nick Freemantle, Christine G Kohn, Ranolazine For The Treatment Of Chronic Stable Angina: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis From The UK Perspective. BMJ Open. 2015;5(11):1-8.
4) Patel Vishakha. D., Raj Hasumati. A Review on Analytical Method and Its Determination in Synthetic Mixture. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2015; 5(4):214-218.
5) Georgia Kourlaba, Charalambos Vlachopoulos, John Parissis, John Kanakakis,et.al.. Ranolazine For The Symptomatic Treatment Of Patients With Chronic Angina Pectoris In Greece: A Cost-Utility Study. BMC Health Services Research. 2015;15:566.
6) Khalid Khan, Matthew Jones. Ranolazine In The Management Of Chronic Stable Angina. Br J Cardiol. (2011);18:179.
7) Chidananda Swamy Rumalla, Kishore Babu Bonige, Jagadeesh Narkedimilli, Raghu Babu Korupolu,et.al. Isolation And Structural Elucidation Of Degradation Products Of Ranolazine. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2019;10(8):3763-3769.
8) Wikipedia- Ranolazine [Internet]. Wikipedia; 2020 [cited 2020 Sept.15]. Available from:
8. Jules C Hancox, Sheila A Doggrell, Persceptive: Does ranolazine have potential for the treatment of atrial fibrillation? Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs [Internet]. drugbank; 2010 [cited 2020 Sept.15].Available from:
9. 10David Harvey, Modern Analytical Chemistry. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Ist edition; 1996.
10. D. Skoog, et al. Principles of Instrumental Analysis, 2nd edition. Congress Cataloging publication; 1980.
11. Lloyd R. Synder,Joseph J. Kirkland, John W. Dolan. 3rd edition Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography. A John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Publication; 2010.
12. Ashish Sharma, Dev Prakash, Sachin Kumar Singh. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Ranolazine in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Formulation, International Journal of ChemTech Research. 2010; 2(4): 1945-1948.
13. DVS Roopa Sirisha Doppa, Sathish Kumar Konidala, Sheik Khanabhi, Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for the Determination of Ranolazine in Bulk and Formulation, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 2019;12(10): 5007-5010.
14. J. Ramesh, Rajasekhar K, Kiran Gandhi R and Senthil Kumar N. Method Development And Validation For The Estimation Of Ranolazine In Bulk And In Pharmaceutical Dosage Form By UV- Spectrophotometry. Annals of Pharma Research; 2013;01 (1):4-7.
15. Naveen Kumar GS, Harish KH, Dinesh M and Hanumanthachar Joshi. Spectrophotometric Method For The Estimation Of Ranolazine In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Formulations. Unique Research Journal of Chemistry. 2014; 02(01):5-7.
16. Vishakha D. Patel, Hasumati A. Raj, Nirav K. Gheewala. Second Derivative Spectroscopic Method for Simultaneous estimation of Amiodarone Hydrochloride and Ranolazine in synthetic mixture. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2016;6(1):23-30.
19) Rakesh Kumar Singh, Pankaj Singh Pate , Paras Malik and Tej Pratap Singh Nanodrop. Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Ranolazine in Their Bulk. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2014; 2(4):985-998.
20) C. Nishith, et al.. Development and validation of analytical methods for quantitative estimation of ranolazine. (/jspui/handle/123456789/194).
21) Asifa Nahid, Haritha Pavani, Development and validation of HPLC method for simultaneous determination of Ranolazine and Dronedarone in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Indian Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biotechnology. 2014;2(6):1524-1528.
22) Ganji Ramanaiah , D. Ramachandran, G. Srinivas, Jayapal Gowardhane, et al.. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-LC Method for Estimation of Ranolazine in Bulk and Its Pharmaceutical Formulations. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2012;3:378-384.
23) Tapas Kumar Laha, Dibya Ranjan Padhy and Subrata Sen. A Validated Stability Indicating Reversed Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method Of Ranolazine Dihydrochloride And Characterization Of Its Degradation Products. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 5(1):61-66.
24) Suresh Babu VV, Sudhakar V,Murthy TEGK. Validated HPLC Method for Determining Related Substances in Compatibility Studies and Novel Extended Release Formulation for Ranolazine. J Chromatograph Separat Techniq. 2014;5(1):1-7.
25) A. Madhavi, D. V. Subba Rao, P. Srinivasu A. Naidu. Development and Validation of a New Analytical Method for the Determination of Related Components and Assay of Ranolazine in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms by LC. Chromatographia. 2009;70:333–338.
26) Xingping Luo, Zongde Zhai, Xiaomei Wu, Yanping Shi, et. al. Analytical and semipreparative resolution of ranolazine enantiomers by liquid chromatography using polysaccharide chiral stationary phases. J. Sep. Sci. 2006;29:164-171.
27) Brahma Reddy Gade, B. Sitaram, hakavi, M. Satyanarayana, et al. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-LC method for estimation of ranalozine in bulk and its pharmaceutical formulations. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2015;7(8):454-461.
28) L. Xia, et al. Determination of Ranolazine in dog plasma by HPLC. West China Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;2010:4.
29) Lakshmi Priya. G, Haritha pavani. k, Nandakishore Agarwal, Development and Validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for estimation of ranolazine in bulk and Tablet Dosage form. International Research Journal of Pharmaceutical and Applied Sciences. 2012;2(5):217-223.
30) Saptarshi Ghosh, Ganesh Sawant, Banesh sooram, Jayeeta Bhaumik. In Silico Approach Towards Lipase Mediated Chemoenzymatic Synthesis of (S)-Ranolazine, as an Anti-Anginal Drug. RSC Adv. 2016;6: 49150-49157.
31) Vivek Nalawade, Parag Gide1, Govind Nunnavare1, Mitesh Phale. Development and validation of a LLE-HPLC method for the determination of Ranolazine in Human Plasma. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2010;2(1):369-374.
32) Malati, V, Reddy AR, Mukkanti K, Suryanarayana MV. A Novel reverse phase stability indicating RP-UPLC method for the quantitative determination of fifteen related substances in Ranolazine Drug Substance and Drug Product. Talanta. 2012;97:563-73.
33) Markus Jerling. Clinical pharmacokinetics of ranolazine. Clinicalpharmacokinetics. 2006; 45(5):469-491
34) A.D. Penman, J. Eadie, W.J.herron, M.A. Reily, et al. The Characterization of the Metabolites of Ranolazine in Man by Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 1995; 9:1418-1430.
35) XIE Lin, LIANG Yan, LIU Xiao Dong, Wang Guang Ji. Determination of Ranolazine and Its Pharmacokinetics in Dog by LC-MS. Journal of China Pharmaceutical University. 2004;2.
36) B. Shaobo, et al. Quantitative Determination of Ranolazine In Human Plasma By High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Northwest Pharmaceutical Journal. 2011;4.
37) Limei Zhao, Hao Li, Yao Jiang, Riyang Piao, et al. Determination of Ranolazine in Human Plasma by Liquid Chromatographic–Tandem Mass Spectrometric Assay. Journal of Chromatographic Science. 2008;46:697-700.
38) J. Zhong, et al. Determination of Ranolazine in Rat Plasma by Liquid Chromatography–Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry. Chromatographia. 2006;63:123-127.
39) Lie Tian, Juanjuan Jiang, Yiling Huang, Lu Hua, et al., Sensitive Quantification Of Ranolazine In Human Plasma By Liquid Chromatography–Tandem mass spectrometry with positive electrospray ionization. Journal of Chromatography B. 2007;846: 346-50.
40) Uttam Bhaumik, Animesh Ghosh, Amlan Kanti Sarkar, Anirbandeep Bose,et al. Determination Of Ranolazine In Human Plasma by LC–MS/MS And Its Application In Bioequivalence Study. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2008;48:1404–1410.
41) Yuan Wang, Xiaoyan Chen, Zuoming Sun,Yong Yang, et al. Development And Validation Of A Sensitive LC–MS/MS Assay For Simultaneous Quantitation Of Ranolazine and its three metabolites In Human Plasma. Journal of Chromatography B. 2012:889-890, 10-6.
42) Rodrigo Almeida Simoes, Thiago Barth, Pierina Sueli Bonato, Enantioselective analysis of Ranolazine And Desmethyl Ranolazine In Microsomal medium using dispersive liquid–Liquid Microextraction and LC–MS/MS. Bioanalysis. 2013;5(2):171-83.
43) Herron WJ, Eadie J, Penman AD. Estimation of Ranolazine and eleven phase i metabolites in human plasma by Liquid Chromatography-Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionisation Mass Spectrometry with Selected-Ion Monitoring. Journal of Chromatography A. 1995;712:55-60.
44) Yan Liang, lin Xie, Xiao- Dong Liu, Wei-Dong Chen, et al. Simple, Sensitive and rapid Liquid Chromatography/ Atmospheric pressure chemical ionization Mass Spectrometric method for the quantitation of Ranolazine in Rat Plasma. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 2006; 20:523–528.
45) Q. Tan, et al. Development And Validation Of A Sensitive U-HPLC–MS/MS method with Electrospray Ionization for quantitation of Ranolazine In Human Plasma: Application To A Clinical Pharmacokinetic Study. Journal of Chromatography B. 2012; 901:119-124.
46) B. Bhongade, et al. Diffuse Reflectance Infrared Fourier Transform Spectroscopy (DRIFTS) Application in Pharmaceutical Analysis: Method For Quantification Of Ranolazine in Tablet Dosage Form, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 2017;93: 52–56.
47) A. Khedkar, et al. Stability Indicating Method Development and Validation of Ranolazine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Tablet dosage form by HPTLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2015;7(1):77-83.
48) Sreedhara Rao Abburu, Mohan Lakshmi Punna Rao Alapati, Anima S. Dadhich, Mutyala Krishnaji Rao,et al. Determination of Ranolazine in Tablet Formulations by High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Using Reflectance Scanning Densitometry. Journal of Planar Chromatography. 2016;29(3):190-194.
49) O. Yahua, et al. Determination of Residual Organic Solvents in Ranolazine Dihydrochloride by Headspace Gas Chromatography. China Pharmacist. 2009:01.
50) Ya-Lin Ye, Xue-Mei Yang. Determination of Residual Solvents in Ranolazine By Headspace Gas Chromatography. Journal of Southern Medical University. 2008;28(1):134-135.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM