Ayurveda Perspectives on Visha & Upavisha Dravyas as Rasaushadhi: A Review
Ayurveda is science of long and healthy live which focuses on treatment of diseases. Ayurveda works around management of physical and mental health using various medicines involving herbs, metals and minerals. Ayurveda encompasses different stream including Rasashastra which utilizes Rasa drugs for therapeutic purposes. Many mineral, metal and plant based compounds involved in the preparation of formulations belong from Rasa category. These compounds may possess some toxic effects and utilizes only after proper purification process. Therefore it can be stated that Upavisha Dravyas can be used for health benefits after purification measure. Rasa-shastra involves utilization of many poisonous herbs, metals and minerals. Considering the therapeutic significance of such compounds this article exploring critical aspects of Upavisha Dravyas in Rasa-shastra.
2. Ashtangahridaya V. Commentaries Sarvangasundara and Ayurvedarasayana. Hari Sadashivshastri Paradkar editor. Varanasi: Chakhamba Surbharati Prakashan; 2002. p: 5.
3. Sharma AP. Ayurved ka Vaigyanik Itihas (Samkshipta Samskaran). Chaukhabha Orientalia; 2001 .p. 321-367.
4. Charakasamhita A. Acharya Yadavji Trikamji. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Orientalia; 2007 .p. 23.
5. Tripati Bramhanand, Prabhakar Dephande. Charak samhita chikitsa sthan adhyay 23/4-5 reprint Varansi, Chukhambha orientalia; 2002.p. 746.
6. Rasaratnasamuchchaya R. Ambikadatta Shastri editor. 9th Edn. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Amarbharti Publication; 1995.p. 570.
7. Vrudhhajivaka. Satyapal Bhishagacharya, commentary. Kashyap Samhita. Varanasi; Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2012. p.471.
8. Tripathi Bramhanand, Dr.Prabhakar Desphande,editors,Asthang Hridayam uttar sthan 35/5,reprint,Varansi,Chukhabha sanskrita pratisthan; 2007 .p.1144.
9. Pandit Kashinath Shastri, editors, Rasa taragini, 11th edition 1979, Delhi, Motilal Banarasidas, tarang, 24/163,164; 1979 .p. 676.
10. Shri Gulraj Sharma Mishra, editors, Ayuved Prakash, Chukhabha Bharti Acadamy, Varanashi. 6/71; 1999.p. 495.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM