Ayurveda & Modern Considerations of Pregnancy in Pandemic Health Scenario: A Review
Ayurveda has mentioned the pandemic situation under term Janapadodhwamsa which spread through Vayu, Jala, Desha and Kala. Microbes undergo evolution with time and novel virus is a evolved virus of SARS group. Outbreak of Covid-19 is severely affecting the world. It is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus-2. It has mainly respiratory and systemic manifestations. People having diabetes, chronic diseases, pregnant women are more prone to this infection; as they are more susceptible towards pathogens and development of severe conditions like pneumonia. Due to the physiological changes during pregnancy, pregnant women are most vulnerable group in this pandemic situation because infection during pregnancy can result in adverse outcomes. Many researches are still in continuation because we are not sure of many evidences till now. Ayurveda in this regards suggested many preventive protocols which can prevent prevalence of disease up to some extent.
2. Wong SF, Chow KM, Leung TN, et al. Pregnancy and perinatal outcomes of women with severe acute respiratory syndrome. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 292‐297.
3. Liu Y, Chen H, Tang K, Guo Y. Clinical manifestations and outcome of SARS‐CoV‐2 infection during pregnancy. J Infect; 2020.
4. Panahi L, Amiri M, Pouy S. Risks of Novel Coronavirus Disease COVID-19 in Pregnancy: a Narrative Review. Arch Acad Emerg Med. 2020; 8(1): e34.
5. Liang H, Acharya G. Novel corona virus disease C0VID-19 in pregnancy: what clinical recommendations to follow. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand; Apr 2020.
6. Chen H, Guo J, Wang C, et al. Clinical characteristics and intrauterine vertical transmission potential of COVID‐19 infection in nine pregnant women: a retrospective review of medical records. Lancet; 2020.p.395.
7. ICMR - National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health. Guidance for Management of Pregnant Women in COVID-19 Pandemic.
8. Dutta D.C. Text book of Gynaecology. 7th Edn. Kolkata: New central Book Agency Pvt. Ltd.; 2010.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM