Role of Ayurveda Medicines in Pediatric Care w. s. r. to Rasayana Drugs: A Review
Ayurveda mentioned different therapeutic approaches for the management of Bala Roga (diseases related to the children), in this regards Ayurveda suggested uses of Rasayana drug for pediatric care. These drugs improve gastrointestinal secretions, boost appetite, prevent indigestion, treat nausea, cure sickness and improve physical strength in children. Guduchi, Mandookparni, Jyotishmati and Shankhpushpi, etc. are major Rasayana drugs which can be used for pediatric care and health restoration. These drugs offers several biological actions including potentiating Agni, improves strength of Dhatus, boost Ojus, cleans Srotasas, maintain circulation and regulates process of detoxification, etc. The Rasayana acts as rejuvenator drug, improves mental vitality and strengthen immunity. Present article explained role of Ayurveda medicines in pediatric care W.S.R. to role of Rasayana drugs.
2. Chandrakar Anju, Karbhal Kamleshwar Singh. Ayurvedic Rasaaushdi ‘Mukta Shukti’ (Pearl Oyster Shell)-A Review World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2012; 2(5): 4139-4149.
3. Agnivesha, Charaka, Dridhabala. Charaka Samhita, Chkitsa Sthana, Rasayana Adhyaya, Kara-Prachitiya Rasayana Pada, 1/3/31, Ayushi hindi commentary. In: Vd. Khushvaha HS, editor. 1st edition. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia Publisher, 2009; 30.
4. Kumar A, Garai AK. A clinical study on Pandu Roga, iron deficiency anemia, with Trikatrayadi Lauha suspension in children. Journal of Ayurveda & Integrative Medicine 2012; 3(4):215-222.
5. Sushruta, Sushruta Samhita. Edited by Ambika Datta Shastri. Sharirasthana Varanasi: Chowkhamba Sanskrit Series, 14th edition, 2004, 10/68-70.
6. Mahapatra Arun Kumar Nisha Kumari Ojha Abhimanyu Kumar, Rationality of Swarna Prashan in Pediatric Practice. International Journal of Ayurvedic and Herbal Medicine, 3(3), 2013, 1191-1200.
7. Masram Pravin, Ade Vedika, Patel K. S, Kori V. K, Rajagopala S. An Evidence Based Review on Ayurvedic Management of Tamaka Shwasa (Bronchial Asthma), Int. J. Ayur. Pharma Research, 3(2), 2015, 11-18.
8. Vivek Kumar Mishra and Neha Mishra. Role of Panchakarma in Sequential Management of Pranavaha Srotastha Vyadhi in Children, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5(3), 2016, 527- 538.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM