Nidana and Chikitsa of Netrarogas w.s.r. to the role of Ayurveda Drugs
Shalakya Tantra is department of Ayurveda which deals with treatment of diseases located above the neck area. This branch works around diagnosis and treatment of the diseases of head, eyes, ears, nose and throat. Shalakya Tantra associated with Urdhwangchikitsa that offer treatment of Indriyas. This branch helps to cure diseases of eye and in this regards many herbs and classical Ayurveda formulations were advises for curing Netrarogas. The causative factors of eye diseases (Netraroganidanas) need to be avoided for preventing diseases of eye. Therefore the knowledge of causative factors is very important so one can avoid them. Vataprakopa, Swapanaviparyaya, Diva swapn, Kaphaprakopa and Ratrijagarana, etc. are major causes of Netrarogas. Triphala Kashaya, Triphala churna, Amla and Shatavari, etc. are natural drugs which offers health benefits in eye problems. Considering these aspects present article described Nidana and Chikitsa of Netrarogas.
2. Anderson Patella, Automated perimetry, second edition, Snt. Luoics, Mosby and Co., 1999.
3. Sushruta Samhita Sutrastana 12/10, Hindi Commentary Ayurveda Tattva Sandipikawrittenby Kaviraj Ambikadutta Shastripublishedby Chaukhambha Orientelia, Varanasi- 221005.
4. Sushruta Samhita Sutrastana 8/15, Hindi Commentary Ayurveda Tattva Sandipikawrittenby Kaviraj Ambikadutta Shastripublishedby Chaukhambha Orientelia, Varanasi- 221005.
5. Sushruta Samhita Sutrastana 12/9, Hindi Commentary Ayurveda Tattva Sandipi kawrittenby Kaviraj Ambikadutta Shastripublishedby Chaukhambha Orientelia, Varanasi- 221005.
6. Astang Shamgrahauttartantra 12/3, Sanskritcommentary by Indu, editedby Shiv Prasad Sharma, publishedby Chaukhamba Sanskrit seriesoffice, Varanasi 221001.
7. Sushruta Samhita Sutrastana 8/16, Hindi Commentary Ayurveda Tattva Sandipikawrittenby Kaviraj Ambikadutta Shastripublishedby Chaukhambha Orientelia,Varanasi- 221005.
8. Sharma Shivaprasada., editor. Uttara Tantra. 56. Vol. 19. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Bharati Academy; Vriddha Vagbhata, Ashtanga Samgraha, 2006; 725.
9. Khurana AK. Comprehensive ophthalmology. 4 th New Delhi: New Age International (P) limited, 2007; 73.
10. Pandey Hari Prasada., editor. 7th edition. 116. Vol. 63. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrita Samsthana; Bhavamishra, Bhavaprakasha, Part, 2000; 2: 645. 12.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM