Ayurveda Approaches for Bala Roga w.s.r. to importance of Classical Formulations
Ayurveda is a system of medicine which deals with health management of person belonging from any age group; in this regard Ayurveda separately deals with the health of children and infants under the heading Kaumarabhrthya. This branch is related with the various health aspects of children and adolescence. Ayurveda suggested different measures for maintaining health of children including concept of immunization, purification therapies and uses of Ayurveda formulations. The Ayurveda formulations such as; Utphullikahara rasa, Kumara kalyana rasa, Bala jwarankusha rasa, Balarogantaka rasa and Balarka rasa, etc. play vital role in Balacikitsa. Kaumarabhrthya not only prescribed therapeutic approaches but also mentioned many preventive measures for restricting disease invasion in children. Present article deals with Ayurveda approaches for Bala Roga W.S.R. to importance of classical formulations in Balacikitsa.
2. Kumar MA, Ojha NK, Kumar A. Rationality of Swarna Prashan in Pediatric Practice. International Journal of Ayurvedic and Herbal Medicine. 2013;3:1191-1200.
3. Charaka Samitha Chikitsha sthana - 2nd part by Dr Satyanarayan Shastri. Chap-28/204 page No.811. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Bharti Academy.
4. Agnivesha. Charaka Samhita with Ayurvedadipika Commentary by Chakarpanidatta, editor Acharya YT. Varanasi: Choukhambha Orientalia; 2001.p. 117.
5. Sharma P, Sharma B, Bohra M. Management of Cerebral Palsy due to Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy, Through Panchakarma: Case Study. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015; 4(10): 1705.
6. Shashtri Ambikadutta ed. Sushruta Samhita of Maharishi Sushruta with Ayurveda Tattva Sandipika. Part 1st, Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthana, reprint ed. , Su.Su.1/7.
7. Shukla Vidyadhar, Tripathi Ravidatta. Ayurved ka Itihas Evam Parichaya. Chapter – 09, Reprint. New Delhi: Chaukhamba, Samskrit Pratisthan; 2005. p. 189–90.
8. Bhagwat Sri Govinda Padacharya. Rasa Hridaya Tantra. 2nd ed 2002. Chaturbhuja Mishra chapter-4, verse- 15. Kalorda, Ajmer: Krishna Gopal Ayurveda Bhavan; 2002
9. Acharya Vagbhatt. Rasa Ratna Samuchchhaya. editors 1969. Ananta Kulkarni Sri Dattatreya. Chapter-11, verse 58. New Delhi: ML Publication; 1969.
10. Tripathi I, editor. Vagbhatta, Rasaratna Samuchchaya, Adhyaya 28/1. 3rd ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Bhavana; 2006. p. 371.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM