Ayurveda View on Bal-Samskara and their Contribution in Human Life
Samskara means sacraments which are religious conducts and rituals of religious ceremony. Samskara fulfill needs of social completion and gives rights to the individual total attainment. Samskara introduced some essential qualities by means of qualitative improvement and some ritual conducts. The number of Samskara varies from 16-40, but the major practicable Samskara are 16 only (Shodash) which spreads from Garbhadan to Anteysthi samskara. Samskara described for the growth and developments of child and provide religious guideline toward the care of children. Samskara incorporates qualities, begins from the conception and remain inherited to the age of adolescence. Samskara as religious rituals are very important for mental, physical, social and spiritual development of child. Present article explored Ayurveda view on concept of Bal-Samskara.
2. Ambikadutta K Shastri. Substrata Samhita edited with ‘Ayurveda Tattva Sandipika’ Hindi commentary, Part-I (reprint year: 2005) and Part-II (reprint year: 2004), II. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi (India); 2005
3. Singh B. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Breast Feeding - A Case Study. University Hospital, Kwame Nkrumah. European Journal of Scientific Research. 2010;40(3):404-422.
4. Ghai O.P, Paul V.K, Bagga A. Ghai Essential Pediatrics. 7th edition. New Delhi: CBS Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd.; 2009.
5. Pandit SharmaH, Sri Bhisagacharya S. Kasyapa Samhita or Vrddhajivakaya Tantra with The Vidyotini Hindi commentary and Hindi translation of Sanskrit introduction. edition reprint- 2006. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2006
6. Kaviraj Dutt A Shastri, Dutt R Shastri. editors, Bhaisjyaratnavali, Hindi commentary. edition: reprint, 2012. Varanasi (India): Chaukhambha Prakashan; 2012
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Innovative Science & Technology affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJIST.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM